AD022 - Associate Degree in Graphic Design
Plan: AD022 - Associate Degree in Graphic Design
Campus: Brunswick Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
The RMIT Associate Degree in Graphic Design aims to develop you as an informed and work-ready graduate who has the requisite knowledge, skills and capabilities to succeed in, and contribute to, the rapidly evolving contemporary graphic design industry.
On completion of the program you will be able to:
- Identify and employ a range of graphic and communication techniques in order to design, refine and produce artwork using well-developed digital production skills for multiple contexts.
- Demonstrate innovation and critical thinking when applying technical and creative skills to address artistic and industry problems.
- Interpret and respond to a brief considering the needs and expectations of relevant stakeholders, industry conventions, legal requirements, and ethical and sustainable practice implications for the Graphic Design industry and broader global community.
- Apply investigative skills to gather, analyse and interpret information and source material for a range of diverse contexts.
- Work collaboratively with others in a range of roles and contexts and perform effectively as a member of a creative team.
- Reference historical and contemporary design theory and culture in order to develop and adapt knowledge and skills to a range of graphic design outcomes.
- With initiative and judgement communicate effectively within relevant creative, business and industry contexts.
Top of page
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]