BH089 - Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) (Honours)/Bachelor of Business (Management)
Plan: BH089MEHDD - Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) (Honours)/Bachelor of Business (Management)
Campus: City Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
Program Learning Outcomes Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) (Honours)
The program learning outcomes have been aligned with recognised standards for Bachelor of Engineering Degrees to obtain national accreditation by Engineers Australia.
1. Knowledge and Skill Base
1.1 Comprehensive, theory based understanding of the underpinning natural and physical sciences and the engineering fundamentals applicable to the engineering discipline
1.2 Conceptual understanding of the mathematics, numerical analysis, statistics, and computer and information sciences which underpin the engineering discipline
1.3 In-depth understanding of specialist bodies of knowledge within the engineering discipline
1.4 Discernment of knowledge development and research directions within the engineering discipline
1.5 Knowledge of contextual factors impacting the engineering discipline
1.6 Understanding of the scope, principles, norms, accountabilities and bounds of contemporary engineering practice in the specific discipline
2. Engineering Application Ability
2.1 Application of established engineering methods to complex engineering problem solving
2.2 Fluent application of engineering techniques, tools and resources
2.3 Application of systematic engineering synthesis and design processes
2.4 Application of systematic approaches to the conduct and management of engineering projects
3. Professional and Personal Attributes
3.1 Ethical conduct and professional accountability
3.2 Effective oral and written communication in professional and lay domains
3.3 Creative, innovative and pro-active demeanour
3.4 Professional use and management of information
3.5 Orderly management of self, and professional conduct
3.6 Effective team membership and team leadership
Program Learning Outcomes Bachelor of Business (Management)
The Bachelor of Business (Management) provides you with knowledge and skills across a range of management theories and practices, and the ability to evaluate and apply these in dealing with complex issues in managing and leading organisations, particularly those related to organisational analysis, business ethics and social responsibility, leadership and decision making and strategic management.
On successful completion of this program you will be able to:
- Apply broad theoretical and technical knowledge of business practice in diverse contexts.
- Integrate specialist theoretical knowledge with technical skills to provide in-depth professional advice related to the management, financial, marketing, human resource and ethical aspects of contemporary organisations.
- Critically analyse and synthesise information to formulate effective business decisions.
- Apply reasoned judgements to solve problems in a variety of business contexts with reference to ethical, regulatory and global perspectives.
- Reflect on performance feedback to identify and action strategies for improvement.
- Communicate business data and concepts to professionals and non-professionals in diverse contexts.
- Apply an adaptive and collaborative approach to working with others in a variety of business and professional contexts.
- Integrate and apply professional theory with practice in authentic Work Integrated Learning (WIL) contexts.
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]