BH115 - Bachelor of Interior Design (Honours)
Plan: BH115 - Bachelor of Interior Design (Honours)
Campus: City Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
On the successful completion of this program you will be capable of practising professionally within interior design or related industries and/or entering into postgraduate study.
As a graduate of this program you will be able to:
- work in diverse contexts and be able to identify and address complex design problems with initiative and advanced knowledge to produce innovative interior design outcomes.
- conceptualise and engage in research through design as part of the creative process to open the potential for new understandings, experimentation and innovation.
- communicate your ideas and designs verbally, visually and textually through a range of media to your peers, the profession, and academic and public audiences.
- reflect, analyse, synthesise, critique and evaluate your own work as well that of your peers and apply your knowledge and skills with initiative and insight in professional practice and/or scholarship.
- engage in research with an enhanced appreciation and understanding of theoretical, environmental, social, historical, cultural and technical contexts in relation to the activity of interior design and be able to adapt and extend this knowledge through the practice of design.
- use technology as an intrinsic part of the design process and have the ability to identify relevant techniques, skills, materials and technologies for specific designs.
- understand and value your individual abilities and way of working as an interior designer; to initiate independent strategies with the ability to plan and time manage projects; to develop a personal work ethic based on initiative and self-motivation.
- enter professional practice and/or postgraduate study with the ability and confidence to execute a project and/or piece of research with independence including the ability to plan and time manage projects.
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]