BP046 - Bachelor of Education
Plan: BP046PBU - Bachelor of Education (Primary Education)
Campus: Bundoora Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
The BP046PBU Bachelor of Education (Primary Education) has been designed to prepare you to work with children in schools and other educational settings. The program learning outcomes have been aligned with recognised standards for preparing pre-service teachers to obtain national professional registration.
As a graduate of this program you will be able to:
- Engage with diverse learners in a range of educational contexts in order to develop skills and knowledge for flexible and adaptable participation in professional communities of practice.
- Develop and apply theoretical and practical knowledge and skills to your professional practice and development in curriculum, pedagogy and assessment.
- Critically analyse, synthesise and reflect on educational policy and practice in both local and international contexts.
- Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking and innovation when identifying and solving problems in diverse educational contexts.
- Communicate using a range of formats and strategies to audiences within and external to the discipline of education.
- Work with others in a range of roles and contexts, demonstrating cultural, environmental and social awareness and ethical and reflective practice.
- Apply initiative and judgment in planning, problem solving and decision making to enhance your practice and continuing professional development.
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]