BP096 - Bachelor of Software Engineering
Plan: BP096P21 - Bachelor of Software Engineering
Campus: City Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
You are expected to develop the following Program Learning Outcomes:
1. Enabling Knowledge
You will gain skills as you apply knowledge effectively in diverse contexts.
2. Critical Analysis
You will learn to accurately and objectively examine and consider computer science and information technology (IT) topics, evidence, or situations, in particular to:
- Analyse and model requirements and constraints for the purpose of designing and implementing software artefacts and IT systems
- Evaluate and compare designs of software artefacts and IT systems on the basis of organisational and user requirements.
3. Problem Solving
Your capability to analyse problems and synthesise suitable solutions will be extended as you learn to:
- Design and implement software solutions that accommodate specified requirements and constraints, based on analysis or modelling or requirements specification.
You will learn to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences through a range of modes and media, in particular to:
- Present a clear, coherent and independent exposition of software applications, alternative IT solutions, and decision recommendations to both IT and non-IT personnel via technical reports of professional standard and technical presentations.
5. Team Work
You will learn to work as an effective and productive team member in a range of professional and social situations, in particular to:
- Work effectively in different roles, to form, manage, and successfully produce outcomes from teams whose members may have diverse cultural backgrounds and life circumstances and differing levels of technical expertise.
You will be required to accept responsibility for your own learning and make informed decisions about judging and adopting appropriate behaviour in professional and social situations. This includes accepting the responsibility for independent life-long learning. Specifically, you will learn to:
- Effectively apply relevant standards, ethical considerations and an understanding of legal and privacy issues to designing software applications and IT systems.
Top of page
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]