BP222 - Bachelor of Communication (Professional Communication)
Plan: BP222 - Bachelor of Communication (Professional Communication)
Campus: City Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
The program has been designed to prepare you to work in professional communication in an international context. You will demonstrate a collaborative and professionally informed approach to your work.
An understanding of broader cultural, historical and theoretical issues will be developed through your Minor stream courses.
As a graduate of this program, you will be able to:
- Critically analyse and apply a diverse and industry relevant body of knowledge and skills to the field of media and communications in a global context.
- Plan, produce and evaluate innovative content, optimizing uses of technology that meets the needs of diverse stakeholders in an international environment
- Critically analyse, synthesize and reflect on professional communication in both local and international contexts
- Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking and innovation when identifying and solving problems in diverse contexts within the professional communication field
- Communicate using diverse formats and strategies to audiences within and external to your discipline
- Work with others in a range of roles and contexts, demonstrating cultural, environmental and social awareness and ethical and reflective practice
- Apply initiative and judgment in planning, problem solving and decision making in your practice or future study.
- Identify, evaluate and critically analyse cultural, historical and theoretical practices which contextualise your professional practice and further study
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]