- Learning outcomes
- Program delivery and structure
BP346 - Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Business
Plan: BP346BLDD - Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Business
Campus: City Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
Bachelor of Laws
Bachelor of Laws graduates will have the foundational legal knowledge required for a career as a legal practitioner or legal/non-legal roles in a variety of law-related fields. You will also possess the ability to analyse a problem involving a question or questions of law and, through research, to provide a solution to it. You will possess the skills needed to practise law in a variety of fields, industry sectors and locations; and you will develop skills in effective writing, drafting, advocacy, interviewing and advising, negotiation, team work and presentations. You will have an understanding of the application of ethical standards; be able to demonstrate judgment and strategic reasoning; and be effective in self-management. Possessing strong self- management skills, you will be able to work well individually and as members of teams. You will have sound commercial judgment and an awareness of the ethical and justice issues affecting all stakeholders in the Australian legal system.
On the successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental areas of legal knowledge, including competence in the prescribed areas of knowledge, the Australian legal system, and underlying principles and concepts, including international and comparative contexts.
- Recognise and reflect on ethical legal concerns and professional responsibilities in legal practice and develop appropriate professional practice.
- Demonstrate the intellectual and practical skills needed to identify, research, evaluate and synthesise relevant factual, legal and policy issues.
- Critique and apply legal rules and options and problem solve.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively in legal and non-legal contexts.
Bachelor of Business
Upon the completion of the Bachelor of Business, you will be able to:
- Explain your role as a local, national and global citizen and be able to apply these perspectives in business contexts.
- Integrate business knowledge, social intelligence and ethical decision-making in ways that are inclusive and culturally-appropriate to produce outcomes that are impactful, sustainable and fair.
- Analyse complex challenges and formulate innovative solutions in real-world contexts.
- Reflect on and continuously progress your own professional development, enhancing your intellectual agility and adaptability as tools for success in ever-changing business contexts.
- Coherently articulate technical and conceptual business knowledge that is both contemporary and interdisciplinary.
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]