GC098 - Graduate Certificate in Information Management
Plan: GC098 - Graduate Certificate in Information Management
Campus: City Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
On successful completion of the program you will have an understanding of the cultural, social and ethical frameworks which inform the practice of information and knowledge management. You will be information literate and able to successfully integrate high level communication skills with sound technical proficiency to produce effective solutions to information and knowledge management problems. You will also be able to equip others, individuals or organisations, to better manage their own information and knowledge needs and resources. As a capable information professional you will be able to reflect on practice and adapt to changing information and knowledge environments.
On successful completion of this program you will be able to:
- Apply core knowledge of the information environment to design creative responses to information management problems in a range of organisational settings.
- Identify and investigate information needs through creative information seeking and application in an organisation
- Design and develop the structure and flow of information in an organisation.
- Facilitate the acquisition, creation and organisation of information resources for equitable access and demonstrating cultural competence.
- Design and deliver customised information services and products and facilitate information literacy.
- Plan and manage digital and physical information resources and services in an organisation.
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]