MC193 - Master of Urban Design
Plan: MC193 - Master of Urban Design
Campus: City Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
This program will provide you with advanced design, communication and collaboration skills necessary to practice in the multidisciplinary and globally-connected environment of urban design. The RMIT ‘Urban Suite’ structure aims to develop advanced integrative design skills and provide specialised expertise in complex urban systems, applicable to design practice.
As a graduate of this program you will be able to:
- Apply advanced design skills to generate and evaluate complex urban projects at a range of scales and sites, creatively incorporating specialised economic, regulatory and demographic data through design
- Apply local and global knowledge of contemporary urbanism to professional urban design practice, with particular expertise in Vietnam and Spain.
- Demonstrate and advance innovative approaches to urban design practice and multidisciplinary collaboration
- Communicate, present and substantiate urban design proposals to academic, public and professional audiences through a range of media
- Identify, evaluate and communicate advanced principles and practices in urban design history and contemporary urban theory
- Contribute to public discourse of urban design practice, including assessment and critique of urban environments and future strategies
- Provide leadership skills in your field and profession of urban design
Top of page
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]