MC231 - Master of Design Innovation and Technology
Plan: MC231 - Master of Design Innovation and Technology
Campus: City Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
The Master of Design Innovation and Technology will prepare you to work as a designer in a rapidly changing environment, recognising and realising opportunities to collaborate and innovate.
As a graduate of this program you will be able to:
- Master a body of knowledge of recent developments in design innovation and technologies, as well as in your area of professional practice.
- Select and apply a range of digital and analogue techniques to modelling, analysis and representation in design, demonstrating expert judgment, independence and awareness of sustainability issues.
- Work independently and collaboratively in teams to originate design proposals and approaches in response to complex design challenges and hypotheses, rigorously theorising both process and outcomes.
- Construct an independent idiom integrating design and technology.
- Provide leadership as well as collaborate with other specialists and key stakeholders on design problems on multi-disciplinary projects in diverse settings.
- Articulate complex design ideas to diverse audiences through an advanced and adaptable repertoire of communication strategies and technologies.
- Generate innovative approaches to design problems and solutions critically, analytically and with openness to new and unfamiliar concepts and methodologies.
- Use appropriate research methods to design and execute complex projects, evaluate the outcome and theorise about the contribution of your learning to the profession and knowledge area.
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]