MC264 - Master of Science (Aviation)
Plan: MC264 - Master of Science (Aviation)
Campus: City Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
1. Needs, Context and Systems
- Describe, investigate and analyse complex systems and associated issues (using systems thinking and modelling techniques)
- Exposit legal, social, economic, ethical and environmental interests, values, requirements and expectations of key stakeholders
- Identify and assess risks (including OH&S) as well as the economic, social and environmental impacts of industry activities
2. Problem Solving and Design
- Develop creative and innovative solutions to problems
- Anticipate the consequences of intended action or inaction and understand how the consequences are managed collectively by your organisation, project or team
- Develop and operate within a hazard and risk framework appropriate to industry activities
- Comprehend and apply advanced theory-based understanding of engineering fundamentals and specialist bodies of knowledge in the selected discipline area to predict the effect of industry activities
- Apply underpinning natural, physical and applied sciences, mathematics, statistics, computer and information sciences.
4. Professional Practice
- Initiate, plan, lead or manage industry activities
- Understand the scope, principles, norms, accountabilities and bounds of contemporary industry practice in the specific discipline
- Apply systematic approaches to the conduct and management of industry projects
- Demonstrate effective team membership and team leadership
- Communicate in a variety of different ways to collaborate with other people, including accurate listening, reading and comprehension, based on dialogue when appropriate, taking into account the knowledge, expectations, requirements, interests, terminology and language of the intended audience
- Display a personal sense of responsibility for your work
- Demonstrate orderly management of self, and professional conduct.
- Plan and execute a substantial research-based project, with creativity and initiative in new situations in professional practice and with a high level of personal autonomy and accountability
- Be aware of knowledge development and research directions within the discipline.
- Develop creative and innovative solutions to industry challenges
- Assess, acquire and apply the competencies and resources appropriate to industry activities
- Demonstrate professional use and management of information.
- Acknowledge (clearly) your own contributions and the contributions from others and distinguish contributions you may have made as a result of discussions or collaboration with other people
This Master's program is designed to provide you with specialised knowledge and skills for research, professional practice and further learning.Top of page
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]