Course Title: Work Experience 2
Part B: Course Detail
Teaching Period: Term2 2011
Course Code: EMPL5323
Course Title: Work Experience 2
School: 130T Engineering (TAFE)
Campus: City Campus
Program: C6011 - Advanced Diploma of Engineering (Aerospace)
Course Contact : Program Manager
Course Contact Phone: +61 3 9925 4468
Course Contact Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Name and Contact Details of All Other Relevant Staff
+61 3 99254070
Nominal Hours: 0
Regardless of the mode of delivery, represent a guide to the relative teaching time and student effort required to successfully achieve a particular competency/module. This may include not only scheduled classes or workplace visits but also the amount of effort required to undertake, evaluate and complete all assessment requirements, including any non-classroom activities.
Pre-requisites and Co-requisites
PUBH5593 Occupational Health and Safety for Supervisors
To provide participants with experience in a work environment that is integrated with an off-the-job training component. This module will provide participants with the opportunity to gain and further develop the skills and knowledge relevant to the learning outcomes in other courses within this program.
This module provides participants with the opportunity to gain and further develop workplace skills and knowledge relevant to course learning outcomes.
National Codes, Titles, Elements and Performance Criteria
National Element Code & Title:
VBJ101 Work Experience 2
Undertake projects/tasks* in an appropriate industry workplace.
*Should be typical of work undertaken by new employees with an equivalent level of training. Tasks should be related to single learning outcomes or groups of outcomes in one or more courses.
Details of Learning Activities
Industrial work experience of 80 Hours (if already completed Work Experience 1) to complete agreed activities for the practical placement
No formal classes required for this module. Refer to ’Practical Placement Information Guide Students’ for more information.
Practical Placement Information Guide Students
Overview of Assessment
A record or portfolio of workplace experience that may include:
• A list of on the job activities performed and authorised by the work placement supervisor.
• Work experience logbook showing name and address of employer, dates/times worked and duty statement.
• A list of skill enhancement activities and relationship to learning units completed.
• Any workplace project undertaken (if relevant).
• Employer evaluation.
• Completion of activities listed in a log book and signed off by the employer and/or work placement supervisor.
• Work Experience evidence to be submitted to the School in an appropriate form.
Assessment is an important part of the practical placement and during the placement; you will be required to maintain a ‘Practical Placement Log Book’. Assessment of the knowledge and skills you have learned in the workplace counts toward your final results and your practical placement coordinator will give you information on how your assessments are to be conducted and recorded. If you miss any time during the placement, you must complete any outstanding hours within the specified enrolment period.
Please note: Assessment criteria will be detailed under ‘Final Assessment Record’ on page 13 of your Practical Placement Log Book. Please note that the Workplace Supervisor Report must reflect 80% or more observations as ‘Always’ or ‘Mostly’.
To successfully complete your placement, you need to undertake 80 hours of practical placement in total for ‘Work Experience 2’ (if you have already completed Work Experience 1). If you miss any time during your placement you must complete any outstanding hours within the specified enrolment period.
If all the following five tasks are marked as Yes by the Assessor, you have successfully completed the practical placement and will be marked pass, otherwise you will be marked as fail.
1. Have you completed 80 Hours practical placement (if you have already successfully completed Work Experience 1, otherwise you need to complete 160 hours for Work Experience 2)?
2. Do weekly activities reflect that all agreed activities (as per list attached at the end of the Log Book) are completed and signed by the Workplace Supervisor ?
3. Have you completed Self Evaluation Report ?
4. Does Workplace Supervisor Report reflect 80% or more observations as ‘Always’ or ‘Mostly’ ?
5. Has Assessor completed Assessor Evaluation Report?
Course Overview: Access Course Overview