Course Title: Service Quality
Part A: Course Overview
Course Title: Service Quality
Credit Points: 12.00
Course Coordinator: Kathleen Adams
Course Coordinator Phone: +61 3 9925 5415
Course Coordinator Email: email@example.com
Course Coordinator Location: RMIT Building 80
Course Coordinator Availability: By email appointment
Pre-requisite Courses and Assumed Knowledge and Capabilities
Required Prior Study
008953 - Marketing Principles
This course will provide you with useful tools and develop yours skills for services marketing and management decision-making. It recognises that many graduates will work in the services sector and that an understanding of both marketing and management issues in this area is essential. The services considered encompass professional services, services to consumers and business customers as well as services that are linked to tangible products.
Objectives/Learning Outcomes/Capability Development
On the successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Apply key concepts of service marketing and practices in managing service businesses.
- Differentiate between marketing of services versus tangible goods to provide solutions addressing the challenges associated with the marketing of services.
- Develop effective and innovative marketing plans and strategies in relation to the ‘expanded marketing mix for services.
- Examine consumer behaviours within a diverse range of service contexts to inform marketing decisions.
- Evaluate the service quality of an organisation and recommend solutions for quality improvement.
- Interact and collaborate with others effectively in a variety of professional settings.
Overview of Learning Activities
In this course you will be encouraged to be an active learner. Your learning will be supported through various in-class and online activities comprising individual and group work. These may include quizzes; assignments; prescribed readings; sourcing, researching and analysing specific information; solving problems; conducting presentations; producing written work and collaborating with peers on set tasks or projects.
Overview of Learning Resources
Various learning resources are available online through MyRMIT Studies\Canvas. The lecture notes and workshop notes are posted on Canvas.
Resources are also available online through RMIT Library databases and other facilities. Visit the RMIT library website for further details. Assistance is available online via our chat and email services, face to face at our campus libraries or via the telephone on (03) 9925 2020.
Additional resources and/or sources to assist your learning will be identified by your course coordinator and will be made available to you as required during the teaching period.
Overview of Assessment
The assessment tasks, their weighting and the course learning outcomes to which they are aligned are as follows:
Assessment Task 1: 10%
Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 4
Assessment Task 2: 40%
Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Assessment Task 3: 50%
Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Feedback will be provided throughout the semester in class and/or in online forums through individual and group feedback on practical exercises and by individual consultation.