Course Title: Cloud Operations
Part A: Course Overview
Course Title: Cloud Operations
Credit Points: 12.00
Course Coordinator: Shekhar Kalra
Course Coordinator Phone: +61 3 9925 9500
Course Coordinator Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Coordinator Location: 14.10.010A
Course Coordinator Availability: by appointment
Pre-requisite Courses and Assumed Knowledge and Capabilities
COSC2757 Cloud Foundations
Note it is a condition of enrolment at RMIT that you accept responsibility for ensuring that you have completed the prerequisite/s and agree to concurrently enrol in co-requisite courses before enrolling in a course.
Required Prior Knowledge:
AWS (free) data analytics foundations course (https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/whats-new/2019/06/new-digital-course-now-available-data-analytics-fundamentals/)
AWS Academy Cloud Operations is designed to prepare participants to pursue entry-level DevOps, support, and cloud operations roles. It will also help prepare you to take the AWS SysOps Administrator –Associate exam.
The course will show you how to create automatable and repeatable deployments of networks and systems on AWS and covers specific AWS features and tools related to configuration and deployment.
With case studies and demonstrations, you will learn how some AWS customers design their infrastructures and implement various strategies and services. You will also have the opportunity to build a variety of infrastructures via guided, hands-on activities.
Objectives/Learning Outcomes/Capability Development
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- CLO 1: Understand AWS infrastructure, administration and development tools
- CLO 2: Manage, secure and scale configurations and instances on AWS
- CLO 3: Understanding container services and databases
- CLO 4: Building Amazon VPCs
- CLO 5: Monitoring, automating and deployment infrastructure i
- CLO 6: Communicate with clients in a professional manner, delivering presentations and writing technical research reports using the appropriate language of the field.
Overview of Learning Activities
The learning activities included in this fully online AWS certified instructor-facilitated course include:
- key concepts are explained in AWS Academy module, where fundamental concepts will be presented and illustrated through relevant demonstrations and examples;
- the online modules which will include lecture material, online multiple-choice knowledge checks, lab exercises, video introductions, video demos and example solutions;
- weekly interactions with the facilitator to discuss concepts, queries and doubts
Facilitator guided hours: 36
Self-directed hours: 84
Overview of Learning Resources
The learning resources will include the following online modules from AWS academy’s course on cloud operations:
- Understanding system operations
- Tooling and automation
- Computing (Servers)
- Scaling and Name resolution
- Database services
- Storage and archiving
- Monitoring and Security
- Managing resource consumption
- Cloud architecting
Overview of Assessment
The assessment for this course comprises of AWS academy online exercises and a final project.
There is no written final examination.
The course has no hurdle requirements.
- Milestone 1, project documentation and early plan blueprint, 30%. This assessment task supports CLOs 1, 2
- Milestone 2, project execution and team report 50%. This assessment task supports CLOs 3, 4 and 5
- Milestone 3, client presentation and Q&A session, 20%. This assessment task supports CLO 6