Course Title: Manage team effectiveness
Part A: Course Overview
Program: C5420 Diploma of Logistics
Course Title: Manage team effectiveness
Portfolio: Vocational Education
Nominal Hours: 60Regardless of the mode of delivery, represent a guide to the relative teaching time and student effort required to successfully achieve a particular competency/module. This may include not only scheduled classes or workplace visits but also the amount of effort required to undertake, evaluate and complete all assessment requirements, including any non-classroom activities.
Please note that this course may have compulsory in-person attendance requirements for some teaching activities.
525T Business & Enterprise
Face-to-Face or Internet
Course Contact: Jeremy Glover
Course Contact Phone: +61 3 9925 1485
Course Contact Email: email@example.com
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to lead teams in the workplace and to actively engage with the management of the organisation.
The unit applies to individuals working at a managerial level who lead and build a positive culture within their work teams. At this level, work will normally be carried out using complex and diverse methods and procedures requiring the exercise of considerable discretion and judgement. It will also involve using a range of problem solving and decision-making strategies.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
Pre-requisite Courses and Assumed Knowledge and Capabilities
National Competency Codes and Titles
National Element Code & Title:
BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
1. Establish team performance plan
2. Develop and facilitate team cohesion
3. Facilitate teamwork
4. Liaise with stakeholders
On successful completion of this course you will have developed and applied the skills and knowledge required to demonstrate competency in the above elements.
Overview of Assessment
The candidate must demonstrate the ability to complete the tasks outlined in the elements, performance criteria and foundation skills of this unit, including evidence of the ability to:
- manage the effectiveness of at least one work team.
In the course of the above, the candidate must:
- provide feedback to encourage, value and reward others
- model desired behaviour and practices
- encourage and foster shared understanding of purpose, roles and responsibilities
- support team to meet expected performance outcomes including providing formal and informal learning opportunities as needed
- develop performance plans with key performance indicators (KPIs), outputs and goals for individuals or the team which incorporate input from stakeholders
- communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders about team performance plans and team performance
- evaluate and take necessary corrective action regarding unresolved issues, concerns and problems raised by internal or external stakeholders.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate knowledge to complete the tasks outlined in the elements, performance criteria and foundation skills of this unit, including knowledge of:
- impacts of group dynamics on team performance
- methods of establishing team activities including communication processes
- strategies that can support team cohesion, participation and performance
- strategies for gaining consensus
- issue resolution strategies.
Skills in this unit must be demonstrated in a workplace or simulated environment where the conditions are typical of those in a working environment in this industry.
This includes access to:
- workplace documents relevant to team task objectives.
Assessors of this unit must satisfy the requirements for assessors in applicable vocational education and training legislation, frameworks and/or standards.
Feedback will be provided throughout the semester in class and/or online discussions. You are encouraged to ask and answer questions during class time and online sessions so that you can obtain feedback on your understanding of the concepts and issues being discussed. Finally, you can email or arrange an appointment with your teacher to gain more feedback on your progress.
You should take note of all feedback received and use this information to improve your learning outcomes and final performance in the course.