AD020 - Associate Degree in Interior Decoration and Design
Plan: AD020 - Associate Degree in Interior Decoration and Design
Campus: City Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
In developing this program, consultation occurred with industry representatives from interior decoration and design industries. That consultation determined specific knowledge and skills that you will be able to demonstrate in order to succeed and contribute to the contemporary interior decoration and design environment.
The program has been designed to ensure you are informed and work ready and to provide you with a global awareness of sustainable practice and the skills and knowledge to develop design agendas that meet a wide range of client and industry briefs.
On completion of the program you will be able to:
- Work within industry to apply good design practices of decoration and design with a view to developing a sustainable global future.
- Engage with contemporary trends in the interior decoration & design industry to investigate related emerging manufacturing, materials and technologies.
- Investigate and adapt knowledge of design history, theory and culture to contemporary Interior Decoration and Design context and practice.
- Create design solutions to meet the needs of the client and address all industry conventions in both manual and digital formats in response to a design brief.
- Apply knowledge and skills of current business and professional practices relevant to the decoration and design industry.
- Implement broad knowledge and skills of space planning, construction and fit out to select and specify materials, furnishings, colour and lighting for sustainable interior solutions.
- Communicate your ideas and designs through a broad range of technology and presentation techniques to a range of stakeholders including clients and relevant industry practitioners.
- Apply initiative to work both independently and collaboratively and perform effectively as a member of a creative team with responsibility and accountability for own learning and work.
Top of page
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]