BP083 - Bachelor of Science (Applied Mathematics and Statistics)
Plan: BP083P20 - Bachelor of Science (Applied Mathematics and Statistics)
Campus: City Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
On completion of the program BP083P20 Bachelor of Science (Applied Mathematics and Statistics) you will be able to:
PLO1. Personal and professional awareness
- contextualise outputs where data are drawn from diverse and evolving social, political and cultural dimensions
- reflect on experience and improve your own future practice
- apply the principles of lifelong learning to any new challenge.
PLO2. Knowledge and technical competence
- use the appropriate and relevant, fundamental and applied mathematical and statistical knowledge, methodologies and modern computational tools.
- synthesise and flexibly apply knowledge to characterise, analyse and solve a wide range of problems
- balance the complexity / accuracy of the mathematical / statistical models used and the timeliness of the delivery of the solution.
PLO4. Teamwork and project management
- contribute to professional work settings through effective participation in teams and organisation of project tasks
- constructively engage with other team members and resolve conflict.
- communicate effectively both technical and non-technical material in a range of forms (written, electronic, graphic, oral) and tailor the style and means of communication to different audiences. Of particular interest is the ability to explain technical material, without unnecessary jargon, to lay persons such as the general public or line managers.
PLO6. Information literacy
- locate and use data and information and evaluate its quality with respect to its authority and relevance.
- discuss the ethical considerations that inform judgments and decisions in academic and professional settings.
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]