BP257 - Bachelor of Arts (Creative Writing)
Plan: BP257 - Bachelor of Arts (Creative Writing)
Campus: City Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
This program has been designed to prepare you for work in the creative writing field and discipline in an international context, able to adapt and adjust to constantly changing environments. As a graduate of this program you will demonstrate a collaborative and professionally informed approach to your work.
On successful completion of the program you will be able to:
- create, develop and produce new creative writing to reflect intention and ideas within a range of theoretical frameworks and contexts relevant to a variety of media and genres
- synthesize and apply learned skills of writing, reading, revising and researching to inform, improve and position your creative writing effectively
- critically read and analyse a range of theoretical, historical, cultural and contemporary texts in order to inform and develop your professional practice
- critically respond to and communicate ideas as a creative writer in a global context, analysing and reflecting on your own and others’ writing
- demonstrate creativity, critical thinking and innovation when identifying and solving problems in diverse contexts within the discipline of creative writing
- communicate and interact effectively in professional contexts using diverse formats and strategies to a range of audiences
- develop and extend your leadership ability through constructive collaboration and teamwork, demonstrating cultural and social awareness and ethical and reflective practice
- apply initiative and critical and creative judgment in planning, problem solving and decision making in your professional practice.
- identify, evaluate and critically analyse cultural, historical and theoretical practices which contextualise your professional practice and further study
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]