BP320 - Bachelor of Education
Plan: BP320PEC24 - Bachelor of Education (Primary and Early Childhood Education)
Campus: Bundoora Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
The following program learning outcomes align with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers. As a graduate of this program, you will be able to:
1. Develop and demonstrate broad and coherent theoretical and practical knowledge through one or more of the following practices: planning using data; teaching and learning; assessing; feedback and professional judgement; and appraising impact of teaching across a range of disciplines.
2. Enhance student learning and wellbeing by adopting practices that support sustainable futures and principles of inclusion.
3. Support students to develop the skills needed to become collaborative, problem-solving, creative learners with agency, and innovative and engaged members of society.
4. Adopt and apply sustainable, ethical, and collaborative pedagogical approaches that demonstrate understanding of the transformative potential of education in local and global social contexts.
5. Demonstrate agency and an emerging professional identity through effective learning and teaching.
6. Apply initiative, judgement, creativity, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, which may include the use of new technologies and teaching tools, to enhance your practice and to provide growth opportunities for children and young people.
7. Engage with school communities and professional networks and communicate with diverse stakeholders in a range of contexts.
8. Draw on evidence-based theory and reflective practice to adapt to the changing needs of the profession and to identify professional learning needs to improve student learning outcomes.Top of page
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]