BP332 - Bachelor of International Studies
Plan: BP332LAN - Bachelor of International Studies (Languages)
Campus: City Campus
Program Learning Outcomes Statement
Upon successful completion of the program you will be able to:
- Apply a body of theoretical and practical knowledge of international relations, global cultures, language and economic issues to your professional practice or further study.
- Critically analyse, synthesise and reflect on knowledge about a rapidly changing world derived from multiple sources, perspectives and values systems.
- Apply logical, critical and creative thinking to effectively solve a range of problems associated with policies and programs in international and cross-cultural settings, and assess economic, cultural, social, environmental and political opportunities and risks.
- Work professionally and effectively with others in diverse cultural, linguistic and organisational contexts, and to adapt practices and knowledge to local circumstances.
- Communicate effectively in international and cross-cultural contexts, and facilitate collaborative partnerships within diverse communities of practice, using appropriate formats, media and styles.
- Assist in the identification of needs, the design, planning, resourcing and implementation of research and development projects in international and cross-cultural settings.
- Reflect on the experience of personal and professional practice in international and cross-cultural settings and to act in professional settings responsibly, ethically and with integrity.
- Design, adapt and develop effective communication strategies that promote awareness of and respect for cultural and linguistic diversity in globalised workplaces.
- Communicate effectively in a range of forms and contexts in the target language.
[Previous: Overview] [Next: Program delivery and structure]